I was recently thinking about ChristianCycling’s upcoming 30th Anniversary and getting REALLY excited to celebrate all that God has done in our lives. While every one of those 30 years our ministry has blessed and had an impact on the cycling community, the last couple have been incredibly rewarding to me personally. And, I am not the only one who has been transformed by this ministry. I am awed by stories that I have heard about changed lives — and several people have taken a few moments to write down our impact on their lives [click here to read some of those].
As I was thinking about how abundantly God has provided for us — both personally and as a ministry — I was reading Matthew 25:14 – 30 and a saw a parallel. Like the land-owner who allowed his servants to manage his fortune, God has entrusted this ministry to us. Have we invested in it to honor God? Have we been a blessing to others? Or, have we buried it in the back yard to keep it to ourselves? I know that many of you are like the first two servants and are producing much fruit. Thank you for that. If, by chance, you identify with that last servant buried his portion, this might be your year to dig it up and start investing in this ministry.
No matter which of those you feel reflect you, we encourage you to:
- Participate in at least one public bike event per year representing ChristianCycling by wearing your ChristianCycling jersey, because our best ministry tool is OUR jersey on YOUR back
- Pray for ChristianCycling and its leadership at least once a week
- Ride one day a year to help support our ministry [click here]
- Volunteer to help with Kingdom Building community outreach initiatives
- Prayerfully consider making additional donation(s) to ChristianCycling [click here]