I am so excited about this I could just burst. But, I won’t — at least until I am able to tell you all about what the ChristianCycling Executive Board has been cooking up. Go ahead right now and schedule a ride for yourself on Saturday, June 27th — any ride; at any time. Many of our spokes are in the process of planning a special ride for your area, some of you might be racing, others aren’t planning on doing anything special, but I encourage you to get out there, throw a leg over your top tube, clip your helmet on and go for a ride.
Saturday, June 27th, 2015 will be our first inaugural ‘Build the Body Ride.’ This is where our faith and our ministry really hit the road in force to have a positive impact on our world. Here is how it will work; on that one day, we are asking ALL members of ChristianCycling to go for a ride — ideally with some of your fellow Spoke members. We don’t really care where you go or how far, just get out and ride in your ChristianCycling clothing to show support for our ministry. But, wait, it doesn’t stop there. Here is what else we have going on:
- We believe that by all of us riding on the same day, it will have a unifying effect on us as a ministry.
- We ask for your prayers as you gather and ride.
- We encourage you to invite a friend so that we can grow our ministry.
- We ask that you post on social media about your ride and our ministry so that we can get some needed exposure. Please use the hashtags #ChristianCycling and #BuildTheBodyRide in your posts.
- We give you the opportunity to contribute financially to support our ministry and our new Ministry Partners* by either making a personal donation and/or raising funds for us.
Every $100 we raise will:
- Provide a source of clean water for a family through Samaritan’s Purse ‘Pour Into a Thirsty World’ program.
- Break the life-threatening cycle of addiction through Teen Challenge.
- Bring a pro cyclist into community with other Christians through an internet bible-study, no matter where in the world they are at the time through Athletes in Action Cycling.
- Help a local church to establish a Sports Ministry program through ChristianCycling.
- Provide resources to help establish a ChristianCycling new spoke.
- Create resources for ChristianCycling members to more effectively share their faith and show the love of Christ with those they encounter.
*Look for more information coming soon about our new Ministry Partners.
The distribution will be 25% to Teen Challenge; 20% to Samaritan’s Purse; 10% to Athletes in Action; 45% to ChristianCycling