I am especially excited about the opportunity to GIVE for Build the Body Ride. Our ministry has shifted focus over the past 18 months and, as our new slogan proclaims, we are in the business of “Building the Body through cycling!” As an organization, we have put our chips on the table and have gone “all in” for Christ by being a ministry — Christ-centered and people-serving.
As we prepared for this event, we knew we needed to raise some money to not only keep up with the growth we are experiencing, but also to start to hire a staff to further expand our programs and reach. But, the more our Executive Board talked about it and about our needs, we kept getting reminded of the “Bigger Picture” of God’s Will. As a result, we started looking for other ministries that we love and respect that we could raise money for in addition to ourselves. Through numerous conversations and much prayer, we decided to give away most of the money that we raise to further other ministries and landed on three great ministries who are all doing God’s work in different ways.
This provides an opportunity to affect change in may ways all across the world. While we do not require any financial contribution to participate fully in the Build the Body Ride, we do ask that you prayerfully consider making a donation of some sort. We encourage you to give whatever God has placed on your heard, but $1 for every mile that you ride is a good place to start. If you are not in a position to help us, consider raising funds for us by asking your friends and family to participate with you.
Every $100 we raise will:
- Provide a source of clean water for a family through Samaritan’s Purse ‘Pour Into a Thirsty World’ program.
- Break the life-threatening cycle of addiction through Teen Challenge
- Bring a pro cyclist into community with other Christians through an internet bible-study, no matter where in the world they are at the time through Athletes in Action Cycling.
- Help a local church to establish a Sports Ministry program through ChristianCycling
- Provide resources to help establish a ChristianCycling new spoke somewhere in the world
- Create resources for ChristianCycling members to more effectively share their faith and show the love of Christ with those they encounter.
For more on the Build the Body Ride check out these links
Instruction on how to join the ride can be found by clicking here.